Gallery

Riding the exercise bike to retreat!

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Watercolor Paper Cuff Bracelets

I found this tutorial on Pinterest to make these beautiful cuff bracelets. Very easy to follow and each one comes out a little different.



This one uses Twinkling H2Os for the color and silver (anodized copper) 16 gauge wire. The twinks tend to blur together a little more than I like, but it still came out pretty.


Another one with twinks and silver wire.



This red one uses Distress Paints on watercolor paper. I like the vibrancy and that the paints stay a little more separated. Less mud. Again silver wire.



This one uses Brusho powdered watercolor and makes a nice vibrant background. It gets a little more muddles when the varnish is put on, but essentially keeps the color integrity. I used straight copper wire for this one. Love the teal and copper combo. I mostly use handmade paper for the backs of these, but I'm toying with the idea of coloring the back of the watercolor paper with a coordinating color and skipping the whole backing process.


No comments:

Post a Comment