Gallery

Riding the exercise bike to retreat!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Flower Power

I was working on a swap yesterday and came up with these. They are made from coffee filters (the flat kind with a hole in the middle). First, I folded the filters into a cone; then cut the ripple edges in 3 different sizes. Next I spread them all out and dripped different alcohol inks onto them letting the colors blend; let dry. Stack 3 together, largest to smallest with a dab of glue in the center. Tuck 2 leaves behind and glue in place. Add a button to the center with some stickles or other glue and cover with 2 coordinating stickle colors and finally brush some stickles with your finger over the edges. Voila'! Coffee Filter Flowers!

5 comments:

  1. Great flowers and thanks for sharing how to make them....I'll have to try those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, coffee will never be the same again...lol Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on these Rachelle! I need to get working on mine for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Rachelle...you have my addy right?

    ReplyDelete