Gallery

Riding the exercise bike to retreat!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Quilting in the Desert

About 3 weeks ago I went on a 4 day quilt retreat with my friend Maryann and did we ever have fun. I don't think I've ever sewn quite this much nor laughed so hard for so long in my life. I stayed up waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late, I mean 9 o'clock is my bedtime and I was up till midnight at least 2 nights. The theme for this retreat was "Life's a Beach", so we started off making beachy little name tags and drink holders and thinking about what we might like to make for the silent auction. I had already made a beach raggy bag, but I spent some time wandering around getting ideas for other lovely beach themed items.
I took along my Aloha Shirts and Bowties quilt to hopefully finish and I did! yeah! Just need to layer and quilt now and it will be complete. Roger has already claimed for his Oregon quilt so I guess I better get on it before we leave for the summer.
And then there was the entertainment.....................Three of our quilt members dressed up in bikini t-shirts and regaled us with little beach ditties every evening. I told you I never laughed so hard or so long.
And on a run into Oracle (very cute, quaint, desert town) for lunch we spotted this beautiful old stone church and stopped to take pics. Even the cemetary behind the church was beautiful.
I still have a few more pictures to scrap, but this was a good start. All the layouts are done with Club Scrap digi kits. The first is with the new Welcome kit, second with Expressions, third with Blossom and the last with Adobe. Enjoy your Easter week end everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Terrific pages Rachelle and love the picture of you holding your amazing quilt. You obviously had the greatest of times my friend. Happy Easter, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. Can't wait to see what you made at quilt group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pages Rachelle...you almost make me want to quilt.

    ReplyDelete