Gallery

Riding the exercise bike to retreat!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

We've been to WAR!!!!!!

So where the h-e- double toothpicks have I been? I noticed that it's been about 6 weeks since I posted on my blog. Well, alot happened in October. My dad had surgery to repair several abdominal aortic aneurysms so I was up in Washington helping out for a couple of weeks during that (surgery was successful and he's recovering slowly but surely). Then we had the long 2-day drive back to Arizona for the winter and had to prepare for the fall SCA event Southern Crusades, which we returned from just 2 days ago. To the left is our encampment with St. Felix, the chapter from UA that Will is the Seneschal for. You'll notice the 2 guard dogs in front of our tent. They had a good time too.
Here we have Will, center, fighting in one of the scenarios on Saturday. The fighting was really fun to watch and I believe Will's team was triumphant at the tournament. There was even a torchlight tournament on Friday night where Will came in 3rd and earned a very nice copper tankard as a prize.  
Had a beautiful clear night with a full moon and Venus rising together the first night we were there. The weather also held and we had no rain until take down on Sunday. Gorgeous fighting weather. 
I also took a couple of classes, one was how to make a viking hat (need to finish with some fur trim) and Egyptian Chain, which is in the picture above. We had a wonderful time and can hardly wait until the spring and Estrella!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment