Gallery

Riding the exercise bike to retreat!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Remember This??????

I've been enjoying my altered seed cabinets for over a year now, but I had one little blank spot in the mix. I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to put in that last drawer. And I guess I had the notion that once that last drawer was finished then I couldn't ever change my mind. 




I was doing some sorting through the miscellaneous junk, er treasures, in my desk and came across several game pieces, small toys, etc. And it dawned on me, that would be a perfect last drawer front for my altered seed drawers. 



Dug out my vintage Games kit from Club Scrap and started cutting out images, I love that kit by the way, it has the most yummy burgundy paper. Added a Tim Holtz faucet knob with a tissue tape rosette behind it and voila' my seed cabinets are complete.




Here they are, all loaded up. And check out that tiara on top of the right one. A wonderful find when going through my dad's desk. There are 2 of them that belonged to my mom when she was in high school. Don't know what I'm going to do with them, but I think they're pretty cool. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow Rachelle your seed cabinets look amazing displayed so beautifully. Fabulous pieces. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember this. Looks amazing! Such a great feeling to fully complete a project. And what a wonderful find in your mom's tiaras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool. So happy you finished it.

    ReplyDelete