Gallery

Riding the exercise bike to retreat!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Documented Life Project

I started the Documented Life Project over at Art to the 5th (see the badge to the left). After combing through all the planners at Freddies and just not liking anything I saw, I dug through some journals that I've had sitting around with nothing in them. Sad to say, I seem to like making journals, but I'm woefully bad about putting things in them. Enter, this little journal I created in 2008 (yes, 6 years ago) I really wanted to try the Raven's Claw binding technique, which was really fun, turns out beautiful and should really not be relegated to the back of a drawer somewhere.




The first prompt for the journal is Front Door. Well our front door has a beautiful stained glass window of a school of fish in the top, created by the previous owner of our little Cove in Oregon.


It's really hard to get a photo of the door from the outside because of the glare, but this one turned out fairly good. I started with a background of little squares cut from scraps, washed with Antique Linen distress paint to tone them down a little. Then I tore some corrugated cardboard into a rough rectangle; painted it with Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain and Antique Linen distress daubers and placed it on the background. My picture came next, placed with tan molding paste. Then I arranged some flowers and seashell diecuts around the upper left corner, added a door knocker and I think I'm done.

I think this will be a fun weekly project and hopefully one I can keep up with. Definitely need to do a better job of posting on my blog this year. Hope you enjoy the journey with me. It's going to be a fun year!

No comments:

Post a Comment