Gallery

Riding the exercise bike to retreat!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Grungy Monday 14 and a Summer Lottery

Grungy Monday 14 is upon me and I have some of the ingredients, but not all so there's quite a bit of improvising going on here. If you want to know exactly what to do then hop on over to Tim's locale and check out his really cool Perfect Pearly mist. First of all, my white paint seagulls did not turn into a good resist so I ended up stamping them on some oceany text weight paper and popping them up a little, using the white paint as a shadow. I don't have any reinkers with me or mists so I just used my blending tool to add color and then tried painting some Perfect Pearls on, but didn't really like that, so on came the water droplets, which I really did like. I really thought it needed a big sun so I tried the technique for making dandelions in the new supercool scraprap magazine at Club Scrap and I brushed on some Perfect Pearls. This will be my July Lottery piece for the summer themed lottery at PAO .

5 comments:

  1. Beuatiful card. I just got back from a week at the beach, and this is a perfect replica. Your colors are so pretty. I'm glad you improvised and shared your art with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful card! I love the dreamy quality you achieved, it makes me want to jump into that card for a day of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Rachelle this is totally fabulous, such a great scene and some wonderful colours. Enjoy your week, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job even though you lacked some ingredients. I like your sea side peinting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachelle, this is so beautiful and perfect! Your improvisation is just brilliant, and the the scene you created would make anyone breathe a happy sigh. Thanks for the mini beach vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete