Found this little gem at the Goodwill last Saturday and thought it would make a good ink station for my Distress inks and blending tools.
As you can see, though, it's a little beat up and needs some upcycling love. It holds 24 Distress ink pads and I've measured out 6 spots for blending tools along the top.
I took everything apart and drilled the holes for the blending tools, then sanded everything a little to rough it up for the paint. Next, painted the wood my favorite purple and the metal scrolls with white acrylic. Then wiped some of that off while it was still tacky to give it a nice distressed look.
Added some Graphic 45 paper to the visible surfaces and put everything back together.
Finally, loaded up with ink pads and blending tools. Also have room on the upper shelf for a box of gelatos and I think I might store my Distress Stains there too. We'll see how that works after I've used it for a few weeks. Not bad for a $2 Goodwill item!!!!