Gallery

Riding the exercise bike to retreat!

Friday, May 1, 2015

Plarn?????

What's Plarn, you say? 


Plarn is Plastic Yarn made from recycled grocery bags. Really simple to make and you get quite a good length of "plarn" from 1 bag.


When I started my project I was going to use all different colors of bags, but as I got going I liked the beige colored bags with a little black in them so I decided to stick with those for the whole project. 



And here we have it, a "plarn" sun hat with a "plarn" flower to adorn it. It took about 25-30 grocery bags to complete the hat. It has a velvet ribbon threaded through it. It was fun and I would definitely do it again. It looks like a straw hat till you get up close. 

1 comment:

  1. That is so much fun and what a great recycling project!!!

    ReplyDelete