Gallery

Riding the exercise bike to retreat!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Week 2: Fragment Basics

Well, it's week 2 of the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge over at Studio L3. I had my pages from our PAO Sister Page swap waiting for a book to put them in so I chose to use this week's challenge to get caught up on that. I used some Basic Grey paper to cover my book board covers and then made a collage for the cover with some Tim Holtz paper and the fragments adhered to various collage papers. Also, found a CS watercolor stamped dragonfly to put on the corner. Ideology corners finish off the corners of the covers. And a bunch of fibers and a homemade bead decorate the rings.

12 comments:

  1. I opened your page and said "WOW!" I just love how your used the Fragments in this beautiful layout. You're so good with details, and I can't stop looking at it. Thanks so much for playing along with Week 2!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb work! You managed to achieve a vintage-style design while still using bright, wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great book! so many cool things to see! Love that you used Tims corners too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for the cover - I may have to borrow it for my "GAB" altered book pages!
    Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful book cover! Love the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, I love the colours you have put together, and those corners are fab x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great fragment arrangment :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning so many layers and textures and interesting elements so alive with interest it is wonderful. Guess you are having a great time visiting everyone elses work, thank you for your kind comment over at my little place. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great use of the fragments! Really adds to the piece, which is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love books and this is really special! Beautiful work and wonderful colors. Hope to "see" you again next week!

    ReplyDelete