Gallery

Riding the exercise bike to retreat!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blended Batik

Whew!!! I almost didn't make it this week for the wonderful Compendium of Curiosities Challenge over at StudioL3. You know how it goes.....school started and I got called to work, there's a ton of yard work to be done and I had 2 quilt group meetings this week. I also had a signature to do in the PAO signature swap so I decided to take a break from drawer fronts and do that instead. I dug out all my frame in frame stamps from CS and used those interlinked for the embossed part and then I used a rainbow of Distress Inks and focal stamps for my collage (masking off the frames so they would stay in the foreground). Hope I get a better start tomorrow when the next challenge posts.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Rachelle, this is gorgeous! I don't know how you found time to create such a beautiful and intricate piece during such a busy week, but you certainly did ace this challenge! I love your mix of soft colors, and the blended batik is perfectly done. The embossed flowers look like enamel! Very cool, and very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And another wow from me. This is fabulous, just love it Rachelle. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 WOWS Wonderful! I love your frames and the words you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, this makes FOUR WOWS! That is just fab-u-lous Rachelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing collage of colors, shapes, critters and flowers - a beautiful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete