Gallery

Riding the exercise bike to retreat!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Chipped Enamel Drawer Front

Well, I got my act together early this week and finished another drawer front. I'm halfway done and now I'm wishing I had more. This is for the Chipped Enamel Compendium of Curiosities Challenge posted over at StudioL3. And, lucky me, I have 18 colors of Distress Embossing Powder. I used Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Tattered Rose, Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Shabby Shutters, Pine Needles, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany, Weathered Wood, Tea Dye, and Antique Linen. I love this stuff! I used some TH metal foliage, some metal letters, an old metal token and book plates. This will be my metal doodad drawer. Hope you all have fun making chipped enamel this week!!!

9 comments:

  1. Wow Rachelle, another brilliant drawer front. People will come from miles around just to look at your drawers............ Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..........this is awesome. I can hardly wait til Oct when I return to AZ to get so see all these projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachelle, every time I think you could never do another drawer as wonderful as the last one, you prove me wrong! This is just stunning! Your chipped enamel pieces are gorgeous, and so perfectly arranged on the drawer front. This is going to be the most wonderful little dresser EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachelle.... I had to go waaaaaaaay back in your blog from the beginning to see all these wonderful drawer fronts... What an awesome idea... Every one of them, so different and spectacular... Thanks for the inspiration, I have a little chest of drawers that I keep bits and bobs in... hummmmm think I just might do something like this... Hope you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked forward to seeing a new drawer each week! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! A new drawer front! So cool! Outstanding work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your gonna have the best looking cabinets around, fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, quite the project. You went to town on this one---you must have been having fun :)

    ReplyDelete