Gallery

Riding the exercise bike to retreat!

Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July!

In honor of America's 240th birthday I created Lucky Lucy! She started out as an old crab float found on the beach. The red, white and blue colors dictated the direction I was going in and the red lips found in my box of found treasures were the impetus for it becoming a doll.



This is the float before I started altering it. I chose to use the side shown in the top photo as the face.


And here is a layout of the finished product. She has some dollar store froo froo for hair and a cascade of paper flowers across her brow. Her lips were an old refrigerator magnet, nose is a calligraphy pen nib and the eyes are a bead glued onto a plastic doodad found at the Creation Station in Lynwood, Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment