Gallery

Riding the exercise bike to retreat!

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Summer of Creative Chemistry: Marbled Paint

I love the way the Marbled Paint technique gives such a rich looking background. I made 3 tags to go on a layout of some Chihuly pictures from the Phoenix Botanical Garden exhibition.


For the large tag and top tag on the picture below. I used Picket Fence, Fired Brick, Wild Honey and Mustard Seed Distress Paints. Then I enhanced with Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress Inks and then edged with Rusty Hinge.



For the bottom tag in the above photo, I used Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Festive Berries, Fired Brick and Picket Fence Distress Paint and enhanced with Mustard Seed and Wild Honey inks. Edged with Frayed Burlap.


I used the tags to embellish this Chihuly layout. The papers are from Club Scraps vintage kit Salsa. The black acetate embellishments are from Painted Desert and the flowers are all hand made using Tim Holtz dies and scrap paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment